Enter the date of your last menstrual period and the number of days in your menstrual cycle into the pregnancy calculator, and click on the Calculate button. Other calculations are optional – use them when needed. On average, there are 28 days in a menstrual cycle, but it can last from as little as 22 to as many as 44 days. The Pregnancy Calculator takes your menstrual cycle into account when calculating the due date and the conception date.
Once your bundle of joy has arrived into the world, you will probably enter the world of childcare. Out of home childcare can be expensive, come with restrictive hours, and give you the added stressed of the “daycare green nose” the never ending cycle of illnesses that can cripple a family for the first 6 months to a year of childcare. If you have more than one child who needs care, you might have already realised that hiring a nanny is not only more convenient, but also a more cost effective childcare solution for your family. You might even be able to share this cost by having the nanny care for a friend’s child as well!
Here are the top 5 reasons why you might decide to hire a nanny
1. Your child will form a very strong bond with his/her caregivers in the early years, with a nanny, this bond is formed with one person, rather than the several staff that will be encountered in each room in a childcare center. Once a strong bond is formed, the child will benefit emotionally, and will be more able to learn as the nanny will have a great grasp of the child’s abilities and learning styles.
2. There is a lot more flexibility with a nanny both for the child and the family in general. The nanny is able to customise the child’s daily routine around the child’s needs. Also parents benefit from the flexibility of being able to work outside standard daycare hours. The nanny is often able to assist with other babysitting duties on the weekend or even on vacations!
3. Your child will be able to attend activities like swimming lessons, sporting activities, music classes etc. There will also be a lot more chance of trips to the park etc, which is a great way for a child to spend the day!
4. Extra help around the house. Many nannies will also assist with light household duties like cooking, laundry and cleaning. Meaning you have more time to spend with your child when you are at home!
5. No more days off work to care for a sick child! Not only will your child get sick less if they are not in a daycare environment, but even when they are ill, your nanny is able to care for them as usual, meaning you don’t need to take the day off every time your child has the sniffles.Read More